As you can imagine, caring for an average of 30 kids a day in our group homes requires a lot of resources. From home necessities, like toilet paper and cleaning supplies, to items and activities appropriate for teenagers, we are always in need of in-kind donations to help offset our costs and provide quality experiences for the youth in our care.
- Athletic shoes, hiking boots and river sandals (variety of men’s and women’s sizes)
- New, modest one-piece swimsuits and sports bras in junior/women’s sizes
- New pillowcases and bath towels
- New or gently-used sweatpants and yoga pants
- Paper products (toilet paper, tissues and paper towels)
- Kitchen supplies (aluminum foil, zip lock bags in sandwich and one-gallon size)
- Cleaning supplies (no-ammonia all-purpose cleaners, laundry detergent, dishwasher soap)
- New, unopened packages of athletic socks – crew or low cut – and boys’ and girls’ underwear
- Personal hygiene items for boys and girls (deodorant, hair supplies, bar soap, toothpaste/toothbrushes, body lotion, etc.)
- Gift cards to grocery and retail stores (Target, Wal-Mart, Shopko, Southgate Mall), book stores and restaurants/coffee shops
- Movie, bowling, skiing or swimming passes or tickets to sporting events, concerts or plays
- Arts and crafts items (yarn, beads, art paint, construction paper, poster board)
- Newer board games, puzzles and playing cards
Occasionally, we are in need of furniture and household items appropriate for young adults moving into their first apartments. Please call us at 721-2704 to see what we’re currently accepting. Donations are accepted at the Youth Homes corporate office at 550 N California Street from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 5 p.m.
Do you have questions in regard to a gift to Youth Homes?